Thursday, January 27, 2011

Let the Countdown Begin.




Being that this is the 3rd week of the semester, I only have 13 more to go. I have 13 weeks to be accepted or denied grad school admission, to find a job, or to move home with my parents and figure it out later. My hopes are high for the first two but who knows.

My last class that I am taking as an undergrad is "Interior Design for Non-Majors" and of course I am beginning to wish I was an interior design major. I always do that...



I have started this new thing where I am going to decorate for every Holiday. Starting with Valentines Day. I think I am the only single person that loves this holiday. For some reason, I just love all the love in the air during this time.




Anyway, I had lunch at YHS with my mom today and I got there right at the end of one of her classes: the Marriage class. In high school I took this class because I needed an elective and I thought it would be interesting. I only remember one assignment that we did: Planning our own wedding. Being the crafty person that I am, I decorated mine all pretty with Wedding and Love themed stickers. But that is beside the point, I am trying to get at the fact that while I remember hating that assignment, my mom remembered that I hated it too. I set my wedding date as April 12, 2012. That's next year. I guess as a junior in high school I had high hopes for gettin hitched early on. Or maybe as a junior in high school, being 23 was old. I'm not sure what my intentions were but it is definitely funny to think that everything I thought would be happening in my life right now isn't.




Not that I'm unhappy by any means-I love the way I have turned out. But it is weird to compare what I wanted in high scool and what I want now out of life. I used to want to get marriend and have kids and be a teacher. Now, I just want to be content with what I have. I used to long for those things, and to be a "grown up". I'm not saying that I don't want those things ever but at the age that I guess I should be a "grown up" I still don't feel that way. That's fine.




Well boys and girls, what did we learn from today's lesson? (just practicing my almost teacher voice) The answer is simple. We can plan our lives out up until the day we are going to die, but life isn't just about decisions and goals. It's just about living. And that my friends, is what I am happy doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment