Friday, July 22, 2011

It's Not Easy...

It's been a while since I have written.  I've had PLENTY to write about, just not the words I suppose.  Let's see, the last thing I wrote was about Spring Break... So I'll just start from Graduation.

I graduated from College.
Became the Dreamgirl of the Pikes.
Was accepted into Grad School at OU.
Saw my brother that I hadn't seen in 4 years.
All in 24 hours.
It was a little overwhelming.

Also, I have been at my internship with the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Oklahoma.  It's been amazing.  I only have 3 days left and then I start at a law firm.  Curve ball.  Who knew I would ever become a legal assistant?  Definitely not me.  But I start that on August 1.

So here we are.

This last week was Operation Organize my life.  AKA my room.  I learned a valuable lesson: you don't need a sequined yellow-green hat.  Meaning, just because something has sentimental value doesn't mean I have to keep it forever.  I'm trying not to be a hoarder here.  So along with the sequined yellow-green hat I donated a huge box and a paper sack from Crest full of clothes and items that I will never use again.  I'm sure I have more, but I have to go slow you know.  So this begins my quest to live a bit simpler.  Not the get rid of all my electronics and clothing way, but a I have too much stuff and I need to detox way.  I don't need to keep every article of clothing I have ever owned just in case I want/can wear it again someday.

So that's that.  I have a ways to go, but at least i'm trying right?

No comments:

Post a Comment